John Barnes offers Liverpool alternative Jadon Sancho as Sadio Mane rages after bizarre incident

0


Here’s your Liverpool morning digest for Tuesday, June 8.

‘I’d rather’ – John Barnes tells Liverpool who Jurgen Klopp should sign instead of Jadon Sancho

John Barnes believes Liverpool should sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho this summer.

The Borussia Dortmund forward has been constantly linked with Liverpool over the past 12 months and this speculation is likely to continue ahead of the summer transfer window.

Sancho had appeared ready to join Manchester United last year only for the Old Trafford club to fail to strike a deal with the Bundesliga.

The player is currently part of the England squad in the North East as they continue to prepare for the Euro, but Barnes believes Dembele is the best option for his former side.

He told BettingOdds.com: “First of all, any top player will be linked to the biggest clubs, be it Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Real Madrid or Barcelona. So this whole idea of ​​being linked to a club doesn’t mean anything.

“You just have to look at who is available, how much he’s going to cost and which clubs can afford it, and then you can put two and two together and normally you would get six or seven.

“As for Jadon Sancho, among the clubs that would be interested in him, I would say Manchester United is probably the best destination for him.

“In Liverpool, I would prefer a much more direct player. Jadon is very skillful and very delicate, but I think Ousmane Dembele would suit Liverpool out of all the players potentially available for the position. “

Click here for the full story

The essential news from Liverpool FC

Liverpool star Sadio Mane left angry after bizarre incident in Senegal win

Liverpool star Sadio Mane is furious after being left in the dark.

Mane was in good shape on the pitch as he helped Senegal to a 3-1 victory in their home friendly against Zambia, opening the scoring from the penalty spot in the 21st minute before giving an assist to his friend Ismaila Sarr – the subject of a recent social media post that baffled Kopites – for the third goal just before the break.

However, it was the half-time events that upset Mane as a power cut saw the Lat Dior stadium in Thiès with a capacity of 20,000 people plunged into darkness and the teams were unable to resume. the pitch for 35 minutes instead of the usual 15-minute interval.

Mane completed the 90 minutes and with Senegal now preparing for another friendly against Cape Verde at the same venue on Tuesday night, Sport Witness cites Foot Mercato citing the Liverpool striker as expressing frustrations with the conditions under which he and his teammates were forced. to support.

He said: “The Senegalese people deserve better. What happened is deplorable.

“For top-level players, it’s complicated to wait 30-35 minutes and then get back into the game.

“What happened is not worthy of a football country like Senegal. I think they have to do better. And the state of the ground was catastrophic.

Click here for the full story



Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.