TFT ‘for fun’ Patch 12.9: Full Notes and Updates
It’s time to let loose and go wild with the Teamfight Tactics “for fun” Patch 12.9, featuring a slew of balance changes and buffs that should break the neon nights wide open meta.
Patch 12.9 takes the “just for fun” aspect to the extreme in TFT Neon Nights. A total of 32 champions are getting balance changes (mostly buffs), along with 16 traits and five Hextech Augments. The only bug fix in patch 12.9 is a tooltip fix for Ashe, showing her attack speed being 20% slow. And only one item was adjusted, Morellonoimicon, reducing it from 20 to 10% burn.
The purpose behind the nerf, according to game design director Stephen “Mortdog” Mortimer, is that Morellonomicon’s damage is meant to be secondary while burning is its primary function. It is likely that the Morellonomicon nerf will harm the item and additional changes may take place before TFT set seven Dragonlands.
Players will be able to test the upcoming set via patch 12.10. Set Seven is slated to hit the PBE in the late afternoon of May 23. Balance changes in Patch 12.10 should be minimal and Patch 12.11 on June 6 is the official release of TFT set seven Dragonlands.
Here is every balance and system change inside TFT Neon Nights Patch 12.9, according to Riot.
Double Up and System Changes
Double TFT continues to improve with patch 12.9 giving players the ability to return to their bench while strengthening their partner. Now players can sell champions for economy and strategize without any reinforcement interference. The Unit Shop UI will be disabled when looking at your partner’s board, but will reappear when you return to your own board.
dragon eggs TFT set seven Dragonlands drop early via patch 12.9. Each player receives a dragon egg at the start of a game, and each player in your lobby will have the same egg size. Eggs can vary in size, with the contents of these eggs improving if the egg takes longer to crack.
Here is a dragon egg chart showing the egg size chances at the start of a game and the items inside via the Rundown Patch.
|egg reward||Odds percentage||Hatching time|
|volume||35 percent||Step 2-1|
|Tome and two components||25 percent||Step 2-6|
|Tome, two items and two Reforgers||20 percent||Step 3-6|
|Tome, a Radiant item, a Complete item, and two Reforgers||12 percent||Step 4-6|
|Tome, two Radiant items, a Remover and two Reforgers||eight percent||Step 5-6|
Items contained in an egg may vary from player to player, but other contents will remain the same. Each egg also contains a trait tome, helping players achieve hunting traits during patch 12.9 “for fun”.
the TFT The team is testing some Hextech Augment changes for Set Seven since the augment mechanic itself is sticking around.
- Gold/Silver/Silver option reintroduced
- Reduced the chance of a Prismatic option for the third augment
- Prismatic/Prismatic/Prismatic option increased from 1% to 2%
- The total odds of any prismatic in a game are unchanged
Cosmetics at discount prices
With only four weeks remaining overall 6.5 neon nightsRiot celebrates the success of Tips and Gadgets via a sale on Chibi Champions while also giving away a Ruined Pengu Pack. The bundle is priced at 650 RP/TC and comes with a Ruined Pengu Little Legend, Magical Misfits Egg, Fearless Fellowship Egg, and Ingenious Inventors Egg.
All Chibi Champions have had their price increased from 1,900 RP to 1,380 RP. The three chibi TFT available champions are Ekko, Jinx, and Vi.
Hextech Augment Balance Changes
The Hextech Electrocharge Augment continues to underperform, according to Mortdog, resulting in another buff across the board. Players testing yordles during patch 12.9 “for fun” can get more items through Thieving Rascals and the number of gray orbs from the Golden Gift boost has increased.
- Electrocharge (3): Damage inflicted that evolves per stage improved from 105/135/165/200 to 115/145/180/220
- Metabolic Accelerator: Only available in step 1-4
- Golden gift (1): Gray Orbs increased from two to three
- Golden gift (2): Gray Orbs increased from three to four
- Cybernetic implants: Health nerfed from 150/250/350 to 125/200/300
- Cybernetic Uplink: Health nerfed from 150/250/350 to 125/200/300
- cybernetic shell: Health nerfed from 150/250/350 to 125/200/300
- Rogues thieves: Improved low throw ratings for Yordle holding an item component
Trait Balance Changes
New breakpoints have been added to Colossus and Enforcer traits, providing additional hunting traits during patch 12.9 “for fun”. Patch 12.8 Syndicate buffs have been negated and Scholar Four is getting a significant mana buff.
- Assassin: Increased critical chance to six Assassin from 50 to 60 percent
- Assassin: Critical strike chance increased from 60% to 75% at six Assassins
- Challenger: Attack speed increased from 25/50/80/150 to 25/50/85/160%
- chemtech: Improved healing from 4/8/13/20 to 4/8/15/25%
- chemtech: Attack speed increased from 15/40/80/150 to 15/40/90/200%
- Colossus: New breakpoint of three added
- Colossus (3): All Colossus units have 25% damage reduction and 800 bonus health for a total of 1600
- Good-natured: Improved health from 200/400/700 to 200/450/800
- Good-natured: Skill Power increased from 20/40/70 to 20/45/80
- Enchanting: Magic resistance increased from 25/45/70/100 to 25/50/80/125
- Enchanting: Improved healing and shield increased from 25/50/80/115 to 25/50/80/125
- Executor: New breakpoint of five added
- Executor (5): All Enforcer units gain 80% attack speed
- hextech: Base bonus magic damage on impact while shield improved from 15/25/45/75 to 15/30/55/90
- Mercenary: Slightly reduced gold for Mercenary three and five breakpoints from zero to five losses.
- Mercenary (7): Average gold fell from 8.9 to 11.4
- Mutant (Omnivamp Bio-Leech): Improved Omnivamp from 30/55/80 to 30/65/100%
- worldly socialite: Damage bonus increased from 15 to 18%
- Yordle (6): Mana reduction improved from 30 to 33%
- Union: Patch 12.8 buff restored
- Union: Armor and magic resistance reduced from 55 to 50
- Syndicate (7): Bonus reduced from 55 to 50%
- clock movement: Attack speed nerfed from 10/35/80 to 10/35/70%
- Learned: Improved mana regeneration from 04/12/25 to 05/15/25
- Innovator (7): Dragon base health reduced from 1125 to 1025
Champion Balance Changes
Mad Cow and Candyland are back, according to Mortdog, after Alistar and Poppy’s buffs. Illaoi’s buffs potentially make her a relaunch carry and Orianna transitions from support unit to main carry via a number of buffs. The wolf’s run ended via Warwick’s nerfs. Draven gets a significant attack damage buff and Zilean’s buffs will activate the Time Flies comp.
- Caitlyn: Attack damage increased from 45 to 50
- Caitlyn: Spell damage increased from 800/1400/2000 to 900/1500/2250
- Camille: Spell damage increased from 150/200/300 to 200/275/375
- Illaoi: Spell damage increased from 200/325/550 to 250/375/650 and spell healing increased from 20/30/40 to 30/35/45%.
- Jarvin IV: Attack speed increased from 0.6 to 0.7 and spell attack speed increased from 40/50/70 to 40/55/80%.
- Poppy: Spell armor ratio improved at two and three stars from 210/240 to 220/280 percent
- Tic: Basic spell damage improved from 30/50/70 to 60/70/80
- Sung: Health increased from 650 to 700
At two costs
- sejauni: Spell damage increased from 275/400/650 to 300/450/750
- Sejuani: Stun duration adjusted from 1.5/2/3 to 1.5/1.5/2 seconds
- Zilean: Mana adjusted from 40/80 to 30/70
- Zilean: Reduced stun duration to 1.5 seconds across the line
- Zilean: Spell damage increased from 250/350/700 to 275/400/777
- Rek’Sai: Mana improved from 60/80 to 50/70
- Warwick: Spell healing nerfed from 35/45/65 to 30/40/50
- Cho’Gath: Attack damage increased from 90 to 100 and Cho’Gath’s size will now grow 20% faster, although growth does not affect its overall health.
- Cho’Gath: Improved one and two star stacks from 20/40 to 30/60
- Landing gangway: Basic spell damage improved to two and three stars from 160/225 to 175/275
- Leona VIP: VIP healing bonus increased from 0.8 to 1.25%
- Senna: Mana adjusted from 30/80 to 30/70 and healing percentage of the Piercing Darkness spell improved from 50 to 60%.
- Tryndamere: Health increased from 750 to 800 and bonus damage slightly increased from 20 to 25%.
- Zac: Mana improved from 60/100 to 50/90 and two and three star spell damage improved from 400/600 to 450/700
- ekko: Spell damage increased from 150/200/350 to 150/200/400
- Malzahar: Spell damage increased from 650/900/1025 to 650/900/1100
- Ahri: Attack speed increased from 0.75 to 0.8
- Draven: Attack damage increased from 75 to 90
- Alistar: Mana improved from 85/170 to 80/160
- Alistar: Spell damage increased from 150/250/1000 to 200/325/1200
- Alistar: Nerfed stun duration at one and two stars from 2/2.5 to 1.5/2 seconds
- Oriana: Health reduced from 750 to 700, attack speed improved from 0.75 to 0.8 and mana improved from 50/130 to 30/90
- Oriana: Spell Shield improved from 120/170/600 to 140/200/700
- Oriana: Spell damage increased from 300/450/1200 to 325/450/1500
- vi: Spell damage increased from 125/200/500 to 175/250/600
- Irelia: Basic spell damage increased from 60/90/550 to 75/100/550
- Sivir: Spell bonus attack speed adjusted from 45/65/250 to 30/60/300%
- Silco: Attack speed increased from 0.65 to 0.7
- Silco: Improved spell explosion damage at one and two stars from 250/500 to 350/600
- Jayce: Troll health nerfed from 1000 to 999
- Viktor: Health troll improved from 850 to 851
- Kai’Sa: Mana nerfed from 75/150 to 80/160
- Zero: Improved spell damage from 10/20/40 to 12/20/40
- Veigar: Spell damage increased from 250/300/777 to 300/325/777
Updated May 10 at 6 p.m. CT: All stats and tweaks have been updated based on Riot’s final patch notes.