TUI cancels more vacations in latest travel and flight update
TUI has released an updated list of the destinations it flies to, with trips canceled in the coming weeks due to “lingering uncertainty” surrounding travel.
To ensure that government guidelines for overseas travel are followed, the travel agency has published a list of the countries in which it currently operates.
Last week, the transport secretary announced that from October 4 fully vaccinated travelers would no longer need to take a pre-departure test before returning to England.
It was also revealed that later in October, apparently halfway through, the second day PCR test will be replaced by a lateral flow.
READ MORE: Jet2 issues ‘urgent customer notice’ to its travelers
TUI recommends that guests consult the advice of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the entry requirements for their vacation destination.
Below is a list of the green and orange countries in which TUI currently operates.
- Croatia (Dubrovnik, Pula and Split)
- Madeira and Porto Santo
- Antigua (non TUI flights)
- Barbados (non TUI flights)
- Gibraltar (non TUI flights)
- Granada (non TUI flights)
- Iceland (non TUI flights)
- Jersey – (non TUI flights)
- Malta (non-TUI flights)
- Switzerland (non-TUI flights)
- Balearic Islands (Ibiza, Mallorca, Menorca)
- Canary Islands (Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, La Palma and Tenerife)
- Cyprus (Larnaca and Paphos)
- Greece (Corfu, Crete, Halkidiki, Kefalonia, Kos, Parga, Rhodes, Samos, Santorini, Skiathos, Thassos and Zakynthos)
- Italy (Naples)
- Mainland Spain (Alicante, Malaga and Reus)
- Morocco (Agadir and Marrakech)
- Portugal (Algarve)
- St. LUCIA
- Greece (Athens, Peloponnese and Mykonos) (non TUI flights)
- Italy (Naples, Apulia, Sardinia, Sicily, Tuscany, Venice) (non TUI flights)
- Mainland Spain (Almeria and Barcelona) (non TUI flights)
- Portugal (Lisbon) (non TUI flights)
- United Arab Emirates (Dubai) (non-TUI flights)
Due to the uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus situations in some areas, TUI has decided to cancel flights to specific countries.
The travel agency has provided dates for the deadline for these cancellations so that people who have already booked the flight and have not yet been notified can cancel their ticket or get a refund.
Here are the deadlines for cancellations of flights to different countries:
Until September 30 included:
- Mauritius (non TUI flights)
Until October 9 included:
- Canada (non-TUI flights)
- Kenya (non TUI flights)
- Maldives (non TUI flights)
- United States (non-TUI flights)
Until October 16 included:
- Egypt (Hurghada and Sharm el-Sheikh)
Until October 21 included:
- Green cap
- Dominican Republic
- Sri Lanka (non TUI flights)
- United Arab Emirates (Abu Dhabi) (non-TUI flights)
Until October 31 included:
- Austria, Italy and Slovenia (TUI Lakes and Mountains)
- Bulgaria (Varna and Bourgas)
- Costa Rica
- Egypt (Marsa Alam)
- Italy (Calabria, Sardinia and Sicily)
- Mainland Spain (Almeria and Girona)
- Austria (non-TUI flights)
- India (non TUI flights)
- Indonesia (non TUI flights)
- Italy (non TUI flights)
- Seychelles (non-TUI flights)
- Tanzania (non TUI flights)
- Thailand (non-TUI flights)
- Trinidad and Tobago (non-TUI flights)
- Turkey (non-TUI flights)
For the latest Manchester Evening News email updates, click here.